My sister and brother-in-law came to stay with us in Breckenridge for our last two nights. It's thanks to June that we got some great family pics. And it's thanks to Ken that I was so scared on the mountain road...or, I mean, it's thanks to Ken that I survived the mountain road!!
I really wish June and I had our picture taken by the "Two Wild Sisters" shop. Darn it! My mom and her friend were once asked if they were the "Two Dumb Dames" from the fudge shop with that name in Eureka Springs...they were a couple of goofy ladies!! They were just giggling a lot while shopping there and someone asked if they were them...I love that story!!On our last night in Breckenridge, we went on a wildlife search...do pretty flowers count??
Besides a herd of elk on a distant mountain we could barely see through the binoculars, the extent of wildlife I got to see included this chipmunk in town (at the corner of the sidewalk)....
I wish I could say that the two pictures below were taken by me but they weren't. June and Ken went to Estes Park on Sunday after we had left to take Brian to the airport and the kids and I went to the Rockies vs Braves game!
Moose...ever since our honeymoon, I've wanted to see a moose!!
We saw lots of "moose crossing" signs in New Hampshire. No moose there and no moose in Breckenridge.
Moose...ever since our honeymoon, I've wanted to see a moose!!
We saw lots of "moose crossing" signs in New Hampshire. No moose there and no moose in Breckenridge.

A closer look at some elk. These were also in Estes Park.
1 comment:
The elk were in Rocky Mountain National Park, not Estes Park. :-D
Hooray Moose!
Post a Comment